AdWords is the Google’s flagship advertising program and is the main source of revenue for them. It can be referred as the keyword advertising system, as these ads appear as “sponsored links” on the Google results pages. The advertiser chooses keywords or some phrases, which are displayed on the result pages when your advertisement keywords match with the search keywords of the user. The advertisement is basically the text or the banner that will tell you briefly what all the website offers.
Adwords are generally based on the Pay-per-Click (PPC) pricing. It provides you the most effective Internet advertising available for businesses of any size. It is designed to help you to reach people looking for your product or service. It is a very cost effective process of advertisement as you just have to pay some activation fee and after that you have to pay only if any visitor clicks on your advertisement. Thus, you have full control over your budget. Apart from that, it is also possible to check or edit your advertisement after seeing the response of the people.
Using keywords which you have used, Google will automatically match your ads to WebPages in our Display Networks which are more relevant to your business. For example, an ad for jewelry may be shown next to the article related to women which makes it possible for you to advertise your product in front of the target customers.
Google AdWords is extremely user friendly. The user controls how much to pay. For this, bidding system is used and the pay per click is decided according to the user’s settings. Apart from PPC, one can also choose SEM. SEM basically stands for “search engine marketing.” It is the process of gaining traffic by promoting or marketing websites on search engines. It is also sometimes called as “search marketing.”
SEM is beneficial for your business in the long run.
Search engine marketing is the broader term, which basically involves 2 major areas:
- Getting traffic through free SEO (Search Engine Optimization) efforts. Discover why content marketing is essential to your SEO efforts.
- Getting traffic through paid search advertisements.
- You have full focus on those people who are looking for your products or services.
- You are not wasting your time and money on the people who are just probable buyers.
- It is a very cost efficient method of advertising your products and businesses.
- You have more flexibility and by advertising through this, you can check, correct and choose your advertisement as and when required.
- You get quick response.
- It is possible for you to see your ads on Google within minutes of creating them.
- It is easy to create and edit your advertisements
How adwords is useful for my business:
Summary: AdWords is the Google’s flagship advertising program and is the main source of revenue for them. It can be referred as the keyword advertising system, as these ads appear as “sponsored links” on the Google results pages.
Google AdWords Express: Local online advertising made easy